His Beatitude Pierbattista Pizzaballa, Latin Patriarch of Jerusalem, has appointed Fr. Matthew Marcel Coutinho, sdb, as the new Patriarchal Vicar for Migrants and Asylum Seekers, to replace Fr. Nikodemus Schnabel, osb, recently elected Abbot of the Dormition and Tabgha.
Find below the CV of Fr. Matthew Marcel Coutinho:
- 21/09/1961: Born in Ahmadi, Kuwait
- 1978: Entered the Salesians of Don Bosco
- 24/05/1979: Made his first religious profession as a Salesian of Don Bosco in Nashik (Maharashtra)
- 24/03/1990: Ordained a priest in Matunga (Mumbai)
- 1979-1982: B. A – North Bengal University
- 1982-1984: Master in Philosophy – Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune
- 1984-1990: Bachelor in Theology – Kristu Jyoti College, Bangalore
- 1990-1993: Formation Team of Novitiate of Salesians Mumbai province and lecturer in Philosophy, Religion and Psychology at Divyadaan – Salesian Institute of Philosophy, Nashik
- 1993-1996: Assistant Parish Priest at Blessed Arnold Parish, Bhopal.
- 1996-1997: Formation Team of Divyadaan and lecturer in Philosophy, Religion and Psychology.
- 1997-1999: Obtained his Licentiate in Moral Theology at the Alphonsian Academy, Rome
- 1999-2002: Formation Team of Don Bosco Youth Center, Pune [Salesian center for students of theology] and visiting professor at Jnana-Deepa Vidyapeeth, Pune
- 2002-2006: Doctorate in Moral Theology at the Alphonsian Academy, Rome
- 2006-2009: Rector and Parish Priest at Don Bosco Bhavan, Nashik. Manager of Don Bosco School Nashik and and lecturer in Philosophy, Religion and Psychology at Divyadaan.
- 2009-2011: Formation Team of Sacred Heart Theological College – Shillong and Lecturer in Moral Theology.
- 2011-2015: Formation Team of Divyadaan; lecturer in Philosophy, Religion and Psychology; Librarian.
- 2015- : Professor of Moral Theology at Stadium Theologicum Salesian, Ratisbonne Monastery, Jerusalem; Member of the formation team coordinating the pastoral activities of the seminarians.
- 2016- : Priest-in-charge of St. Therese of the Child Jesus community – Rehovot; and various other ministries for the migrants in Israel.